Sunday was great! The worship was sweet, the fellowship was rich, and the service project was a HUGE success!
This year we decided to dive into the idea of compassion a bit differently. In years past we have always collected money to give to those in need, but this year we decided to DO SOMETHING instead of just giving something. Here's what the month of November looked like for Live Oak:
- 50 GREEN BAGS filled with Thanksgiving food for Bluffton Self Help
- 1,300 HYGENE KITS for Ridgeland Correction Institute
- 10,152 FOOD KITS for those in need around the world through Stop Hunger Now
Let me put that in different terms:
- 50 families in Bluffton that will have meals for Thanksgiving
- EVERY inmate at RCI that will have soap, washcloth, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.
- MORE THAN 20,000 people who will be fed through Stop Hunger Now.
So, as you gather around your tables for Thanksgiving this week, know that we, the staff and leadership of Live Oak are thankful for YOU and your generosity this month!
For those of you who were not able to make it last Sunday to help, you can still contribute! The cost for the weekend was around $6,000; if you'd like to make a donation toward our Compassion Gift, you can do so HERE, just follow the link and select the "compassion fund" to give to.